Fix for simulation error? bzip2: Can't open input file rep*.tra: No such file or directory.

Hello,
I have been been unable to get your stand-alone program to work correctly. It appears from the output and error logs that everything runs fine until the simulation step. Each simulation run aborts immediately with the same error. I have read the other posts with the same error and checked seq.dat and exp.dat and they have the correct number of AA's (982). My cluster is running RHEL6, I have all the init.* files, and the cas_proteinsim command delivers and error at line 894 of file cas.f (Fortran runtime error: End of file). What else do you recommend?

Thanks,
Jerry

seq.dat problem

This error indicates that the secondary structure prediction, 'seq.dat', has been incorrectly created. It may be because the psipred software was not installed correctly. I suggest that you re-install the newer version of I-TASSER V2.0. In the new version, PSSpred instead of PSIpred, was used.

PSSpred has a higher accuracy than PSIpred. Also, PSSpred is pre-installed in I-TASSER 2.0 and you donot have to download third part software for secondary structure prediction.

how about the size of seq.dat

After I post the answer, I noticed that xudong has answered your question. Have you check the number of lines in 'seq.dat'? The number of lines should be equal to the length of your target protein.

This error indicates that I-TASSER fail before read the end of 'seq.dat'.

seq.dat looks right

My seq.dat file looks exactly like you described, tab separated. wc -l gives 982, which is correct. Is there anything else I can do?

seq.dat looks right

Thank you for the reply. My seq.dat file looks exactly like you described (tab separated). wc -l gives 982, which is correct. Is there anything else I can do?

seq.dat looks like you described

Thank you for the reply. My seq.dat file looks exactly like you described (tab separated). wc -l gives 982, which is correct. Is there anything else I can do?

check seq.dat

I know you have checked seq.dat, but line 894 of file cas.f indeed means seq.dat has problem.
seq.dat contains 982 lines for your seqence, whose format is given as follows (residue number, 3-letter residue type, secondary structure type, confidence).
1 TYR 1 9
2 ILE 1 4
3 GLN 1 6
4 GLY 1 6
5 ASP 1 2

seq.dat looks right

My seq.dat file looks exactly like you described (tab separated). wc -l gives 982, which is correct. Is there anything else I can do?

seq.dat looks right

My seq.dat file looks exactly like you described (tab separated). wc -l gives 982, which is correct. Is there anything else I can do?