BioLiP: extent of manual curation

Dear BioLiP team,

I would like to ask whether the manual curation of BioLiP extends also to the ligand binding residues. Recently I determined the ligand bindig residues for certain ligands, and I noticed that certain residues that I find binding are not present in the BioLiP database. (I determined the residues with several methods, including ones that are quite similar to the one described in Scmidt et al. 2011, with hydrogens and without, and it does not seem to affect this.) An example is ASP 27 B of 3q92, which appears to be binding but is absent in BioLiP.

After a visual examination of a few structures, it seems that the binding residues missing from BioLiP are frequently located in flexible regions, which may have an uncertain topology in the protein. However this is not based on a systematic analysis, so I would like to ask whether the assignment of binding residues involves some sort of quality check, either manual or computational, which removes certain residues where the actual ligand binding is questionable.

Best wishes,
Gyorgy Abrusan