Which nr directory should I download, there are many different directories for nr database at ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/db

Dear discussion board,

Which nr directory should I download?

1. nr.gz at ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/db/FASTA/nr.gz
2. nr.00.tar.gz at ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/db/nr.00.tar.gz
3. nr.02.tar.gz at ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/db/nr.02.tar.gz
4. nr.03.tar.gz at ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/db/nr.03.tar.gz
5. nr.04.tar.gz at ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/db/nr.04.tar.gz
6. nr.05.tar.gz at ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/db/nr.05.tar.gz
7. nr.tar.gz at ftp://zhanglab.ccmb.med.umich.edu/download/nr.tar.gz. I am not
able to use ftp from ftp://zhanglab.ccmb.med.umich.edu/download/nr.tar.gz

Do I also need to Download checksum files nr.xx.tar.gz.md5 files?
If possible please let me know among these nr files which nr files should I decompress in $libdir/nr?
Do I need to use ncbi blast tools to convert these files into any specific format?

Regards
Manish

Where to extract or paste the nr database?

Hi i have downloaded the nr database from the link u specified, but i'm not sure of the location where it need to be extracted or pasted.. also could you pls tel me the command how to execute the program blast_multiple_fasta.pl

I do not know the command and the sequence of the appearance of the command to be used to get the output of this program..
Pls assist..

The code is attached.

NR database download link and should be formated

You could directly download NR database from the link ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/db/FASTA/nr.gz . Then you could format the NR database by employing the command ./blast-2.2.18/bin/formatdb -i NR -p T -o T. You could use the NR database after you format it.

Nr database in Zhang lab

Alternatively, you could download NR database from Zhang lab FTP: ftp://zhanglab.ccmb.med.umich.edu/download/nr.tar.gz

nr files

nr.gz is the combination of nr.**.tar.gz in the ncbi ftp site. Please try our ftp site later for downloading. Our nr is the filtered version which removes many irregular sequences. Checksum file is not necessary to I-TASSER.

downloading nr failed

Tried your ftp site for nr but failed multiple times in several days. Error message:

Network Error (tcp_error)
A communication error occurred: "Connection refused"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

Is there other way for downloading?