RM 2035B, Palmer Commons
100 Washtenaw Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2218
- 2019-Present, Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- 2017-2018, M.S. in Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- 2017-2018, M.S.E. in Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- 2014-2017, B.S.E. in Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Algorithm development for protein design and structure prediction
- Development of protein-based therapeutics using computational protein design
- Huang, X., Pearce, P., Zhang, Y. (2019) Toward the accuracy and speed of protein side-chain packing: a systematic study on rotamer libraries. (submitted)
- Liu, X., Zhang, W., Liu, J., Pearce, R., Zhang, Y., Zhang, K., Ruan, Q., Yu, Y., Liu, B. (2019) Mg2+ inhibits heat-induced aggregation of BSA: the mechanism and its binding site. Food Hydrocolloids, in press.
- Huang, X., Pearce, P., Zhang, Y. (2019) EvoEF2: Accurate and fast energy function for computational protein design. Bioinformatics, in press.
- Zheng, W., Wuyun, Q., Li, Y., Mortuza, SM., Zhang, C., Pearce, R., Ruan, J., Zhang, Y. (2019) Detecting distant-homology protein structures by aligning deep neural-network based contact maps. PLOS Computational Biology, in press.
- Oraiqat, I., DeBruin, S., Pearce, R., Como, C., Mikell, J., Taylor, C., Way, J., Suarez, M., Rehemtulla, A., Clarke, R., El Naqa, I. (2019) Silicon Photomultipliers for Deep Tissue Cerenkov Emission Detection During External Beam Radiotherapy. IEEE Photonics Journal, in press.
- Zheng, W., Li, Y., Zhang, C., Pearce, R., Mortuza, SM., Zhang, Y. (2019) Deep-learning contact-map guided protein structure prediction in CASP13. Proteins: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics, in press. [Server]
- Zheng, W., Zhang, C., Wuyun, Q., Pearce, R., Li, Y., Zhang, Y. (2019) LOMETS2: Improved meta-threading server for fold-recognition and structure-based function annotation for distant-homology proteins. Nucleic Acid Research, 47(W1), W429-W436. [Server]
Oral Presentations at Conferences
- Pearce, R., Zheng, W., Zhang, C., Li, Y., Mortuza, SM., Zhang, Y. (2018) Zhang Groups: Automated Structure Prediction by C-I-TASSER and C-QUARK in CASP13. Critical Assessment of Structure Prediction 13. Quintana Roo, Mexico.
Conference Abstracts and Papers
- Zhang, C., Pearce, R., Zhang, Y. (2019) C-QUARK: contact-assisted de novo protein structure prediction on XSEDE Comet. International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS). Phoenix, AZ. [Abstract]
- Oraiqat, I., Taylor, C., Como, C., Way, J., Pearce, R., Debruin, S., Clarke, R., El Naqa, I. (2017) A New Approach for Cherenkov Emission Detection Using Silicon Photomultipliers. Proceedings of the 59th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine. Denver, CO.
- Emery, N., Renberg, A., Castillo, C., Nishi, A., Haad, A., Girgis, A., Bernstein, Z., Lewin, D., Kaczmarek, C., Pearce, R., Vobbilisetty, V., Kopyeva, I., Sun, R. (2017) iGEM Report: Kinetic Modeling of a Novel Protein Detection System Using Proximity-Dependent Ligation and Nucleic Acid Sequence-Based Amplification. iGEM PLOS Collections. Boston, MA.
- Subramanian, C., Pearce, R., Clague, M., Timmermann, B., Cohen, M. (2016) A novel naturally-derived withalonglide synergizes with cisplatin to block self-renewal, migration, and EMT transition to enhance apoptosis via targeting of translational initiation. AACR Translational Control of Cancer: A New Frontier in Cancer Biology and Therapy. San Francisco, CA.
- Valedictorian, Clinton High School, Clinton, MI (2014)
- Regents Merit Scholarship, University of Michigan (2014)
- Engineering Scholarship of Honor, University of Michigan (2014-2017)
- James B. Angell Scholar, University of Michigan (2017)
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan (2017)
- Rackham Travel Grant, University of Michigan (2018)
- Advanced Proteome Informatics of Cancer Training Program NCI Pre-doctoral Fellowship, University of Michigan (2019-2021)